Wednesday, 3 April 2024

Aretha Franklin – Sweet Passion. 1977.

Sweet Passion is the twenty-third studio album by Aretha Franklin. It was released on May 19, 1977, by Atlantic Records. Following Franklin's Gold-certified 1976 soundtrack album, Sparkle, she paired up with Motown producer Lamont Dozier to produce Sweet Passion. It was, however, a commercial and critical failure.

The album's lead single, "Break It To Me Gently", topped the Billboard R&B chart but peaked at No. 85 on the Hot 100 and dropped off the chart after two weeks.


Break It To Me Gently 3:21
When I Think About You 4:46
What I Did For Love 5:17
No One Could Ever Love You More 3:36
A Tender Touch 3:58
Touch Me Up 4:38
Sunshine Will Never Be The Same 3:36
Meadows Of Springtime 5:26
Mumbles / I've Got The Music In Me 3:40
Sweet Passion 7:12

Mumbles (I've Got The Music In Me) - Aretha Franklin


No comments:

Post a Comment