Thursday, 6 June 2024

Ike & Tina Turner – Outta Season. 1968.

 

Outta Season is a blues album and contains Ike & Tina’s signature live song I’ve Been Loving You Too Long, which was also a single the same year. The album was originally released in 1969.

The original front and back cover of the album shows Ike and Tina eating a watermelon while wearing whiteface as a mockery of blackface minstrelsy. As a tongue-in-cheek statement, Minstrel characters Amos and Andy who wore blackface are credited on the album for the design & photography. The actual art direction was by Tom Wilkes and photography by Barry Feinstein.

Download

01 I've Been Loving You Too Long 3:40 
02 Mean Old World 2:20 
03 O'Clock In The Morning Blues 2:35
04 Five Long Years 3:20
05 Dust My Broom 2:30
06 Grumbling 2:35
07 I Am A Motherless Child 3:30
08 Crazy 'Bout You Baby 3:25
09 Reconsider Baby 2:40
10 Honest I Do 2:20
11 Please Love Me 2:10
12 My Babe 1:50
13 Rock Me Baby 2:45

No comments:

Post a Comment